What is the difference between Antenatal & Hypnobirthing Classes?
Antenatal classes address all conscious, rational and the analytical aspects of birthing and are about external interventions, working from the outside in, which can lead to increased levels of anxiety, leaving women feeling emotionally and psychologically unprepared for birth.
Get The Best Of Both Experiences!
Antenatal Classes Support You From The Outside In
Hypnobirthing Supports You From The Inside Out!
Hypnobirthing classes are working from the inside out and addresses beliefs, concerns, worries, fears, emotions and mental preparation, so that you are adequately prepared for birth.
Why Is Hypnobirthing So Good?
Here are some of the things you will learn that are NOT covered in most antenatal classes:
- Breathing techniques to help the birth (not the panting people think they have to do)
- The Father is actively involved in the entire birth.
- How to significantly reduce the need for any medication.
- How to be confident and informed when dealing with the medical staff - when to question, what to ask...
- How to release any fears you might have about childbirth regardless of where they come from.
- But most importantly, you'll know how to relax and stay calm and remain in control - regardless of what's happening around you!
You'll Learn To Relax, Stay Calm, Remain In Control - Regardless Of What's Happening Around You!
What Are The Advantages Of Hypnobirthing Classes?
- With hypnobirthing, you are likely to experience a natural, calm, comfortable childbirth.
- Learn Simple relaxation techniques to help your body work in a more natural way
- You will be more alert and in control of your birth rather than being out of control
- Enhanced sleep throughout your pregnancy and reduced tiredness, fatigue during labour
- Birthing partner plays a supporting active role in the birth of your baby
- Promotes deeper bonding for you, your baby and childbirth partner
- Reduce the chances of a breech birth
- Learn deep breathing techniques for a gentle safe birth which can effectively manage pain and reduce the need for pain relief
- Learn techniques to release endorphins to increase the natural anaesthetic of your body
- Greatly reduces the fear-tension-pain syndrome before, during and after birth
- Can shorten your labour time by up to 50%
- Facilities your baby entering the world in an atmosphere of calm and gentleness
- Reduce your need for medical interventions and surgical births
- Less incidence of postnatal depression
- Babies tend to feed and sleep better and are generally calmer
- More rapid postnatal recovery
"At one of our visits to the Holles Street Domino midwives it was recommended to us that we should look into Hypnobirthing Classes.
As soon as I read the book I had to know more. I knew that hypnosis for childbirth was what I wanted for my baby and myself.
That is when we came across Aisling and her Hypnobirthing Online course.
The Main Thing we got from Hypnobirthing was
Reassurance & Confidence to give Birth
to our Beautiful Child in the most Relaxing way possible."
Ailish & Eamon